- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact Us in the first instance.
- It is important that the personal data We hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep Us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with Us.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which We have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from Us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use Our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from Us and Our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do We collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
- We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through direct interactions. For example, you may give Us your identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with Us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows Us to. Most commonly, We will use your personal data in the following circumstances: –
- Where We need to perform the contract We are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where We need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Note that We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which We are using your data. Please contact Us if you need details about the specific legal ground We are relying on to process your personal data.
- You can ask Us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which We collected it, unless We reasonably consider that We need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact Us.
- If We need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, We will notify you and We will explain the legal basis which allows Us to do so.
- Please note that We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We require all third-parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow Our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with Our instructions.
- We do not transfer any of your data outside of the European Union.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on Our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where We are legally required to do so.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes We collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, We consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which We process your personal data and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- In some circumstances you can ask Us to delete your data. In some circumstances We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Your rights are to: –
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data We hold about you and to check that We are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that We hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data We hold about you corrected, though We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to Us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask Us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for Us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where We may have processed your information unlawfully or where We are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where We are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where We are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, We may demonstrate that We have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask Us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where Our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Us to erase it; (c) where you need Us to hold the data even if We no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Our use of your data but We need to verify whether We have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where We are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, We may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, We may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help Us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up Our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take Us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, We will notify you and keep you updated.
- Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and Our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
- Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of Our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org